Merry Christmas and happy holidays! I'm excited to have made the move away from Jekyll here to a Ghost platform. There are many, many things I miss about Jekyll already. But I don't miss the technical friction.
Here's a roundup of stuff from this week that I've been doing here, as well as recommendations for stuff to listen to and read elsewhere.
- Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar: My thoughts on this fantastically, wonderfully strange movie.
- The Covid Posts: I'll spare you the indulgence of linking to all posts, themselves already quite indulgent. But, if you'd curious what was generally flitting through my head during my Covid quarantine, you can find it there.
- Resources: I've set up a sort of portfolio and resources page to collect examples of my work. It will be an ongoing process of updating and moving stuff over, but feel free to check out the page as I go.
- New Track: I put up a new track I was working on to a (n also new) SoundCloud page. I also made this during Covid, and it's nothing great. But check it out, if you're interested.
- Movie of the Week. Halloween: Resurrections. I've been finally making my way through the Halloween franchise. Let's get this squared away first: this movie is absolutely terrible. But its terrible-ness was actually quite enjoyable, unlike most of the other Halloween films.
- Actually Good Movie of the Week: Okay, here's an actually good movie: Banshees of Inisherin. It's the hotness right now, you've probably heard of it, but if not, watch it. Absolutely fantastic; absolutely human.
- Album of the Week. East by Hiroshima. Picked through the local record store in search of a gift for my fiancé's jazz-fiending dad. It's s good I shamefully thought about keeping it for myself. It's got silky LA vibes and almost verges on a sort of cyberpunk aesthetic. IDK, check it out and let me know what you thing.